Dr. Larry Stein
Associate Department Head/Professor and Extension Horticulturist
Larry’s emphasis has been on production horticulture working with pecans, fruits, grapes and vegetable crops (Extension Horticulture Program). He has done a lot of work on variety screening both in fruits and vegetables. Some of his work has focused on using drip irrigation to not only conserve water, but to improve fruit quality and production. Larry is a contributing editor to Plant Answers a plant question/answer forum on the web.
- B.S. Texas A&M University 1979
- M.S. Texas A&M University 1981
- Ph.D. Texas A&M University 1985
- Member of the American Society for Horticultural Science
- Member of Southern Region ASHS
- Member of the Texas Pecan Growers Association
- Member of the Texas Fruit Growers Association
International Spinach Conference 2012
Spinach Trial Tour Preparation 2016
International Spinach Conference 2016
See site for details and tentative agenda.
Contact Dr. Stein at:
830-278-9151 ext 243